Ben Batt and Stephen Barrett are your local Lib Dem team in Wheathampstead working hard all year round for residents.
Ben Batt has been a Wheathampstead resident for over 47 years. He and his wife, Diana, brought up their two children in the village. After a leaving school at 16 and studying at evening classes he had a successful career in education, training and examinations. Since retiring he has thrown himself into community work including running a local scout group. He is standing for the district council to give Wheathampstead a voice in local government focusing on
- zero carbon emissions for all council buildings and new builds;
- biodiversity and wildlife habitats;
- transport plans for the roads in and out of the village;
- airport expansion particularly noise and pollution;
- charging points in the Marford Lane and Meads Lane car parks for villagers; and
- planning to ensure our young people are able to afford reasonably priced property.
T: 01727 855523
District councillor for Verulam Stephen Barrett has impressed many with his strong community values and determination to get things done for residents across the ward. His priorities for the district council going forward include protecting parks and green spaces and securing more funding for road repairs. Stephen says: “For me, politics is about commitment to my local community and working hard to deliver improvements that make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.”
T: 01727 855 523
E: [email protected]
Do you want email updates from the Lib Dem team in Wheathampstead?