Lib Dems in St Albans are calling upon the government to stop the Park Street Rail Freight Terminal - will you add your voice?
A Government-imposed Strategic Rail Freight Interchange in Park Street would occupy 490 football pitches of green belt.
As a result, this land:
- can’t be protected as green belt
- can’t be used for housing
- is unlikely to work as a railway interchange – it will just become a massive lorry park.
Will you add your name?
To the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government and the Secretary of State for Transport
A railfreight interchange would bring untold disruption to our village life and road and rail networks. And it would:
- require massive engineering in Thameslink tunnels to the south
- permanently disrupt commuter lines
- clog village roads with parked up lorries
Government policy holds this piece of land hostage: STOP the rail-freight and let local people decide how they want to use the land.